Starting your own jewelry business can be an amazing business to start. So many people have turned their hobby into a home business or a successful company but there are some things you need to consider before jumping in head first.
- Educate yourself about the type of jewelry that you want to sell.
- Pinpoint your target market, i.e vintage jewelry.
- What will your startup costs be?
- What are your materials costs?
- Will you source jewelry materials from suppliers on sites like Etsy?
- If you aren't hand crafting the product yourself, what will manufacturing expenses cost you?
- Is it more cost effective to manufacture your product in the U.S. or to outsource to another country?
- Should you open a physical store or are markets your best bet?
- Finally, are you prepared to handle vendor fees, licensing expenses, and other unforeseen costs along the way?