Thursday, February 20, 2014

Beware of Swarovski Frauds!

Hello, Dear Customers...

I've noticed an abundance of what I think are fraudulent vintage Swarovski rhinestone jewels being sold around the internet and I wanted to issue a warning to be vigilant and ask questions so you aren't ripped off.  Vintage rhinestones made in Czechoslovakia or China are very similar but not of nearly the superior quality as those Austrian made Swarovski rhinestones.  The problem is, most people don't know this and take the sellers word for it.  The seller purchases the much less expensive Czech or Chinese rhinestones but label them as Swarovski so they can charge a much higher price.

Ask the seller if they bought their rhinestones in the original Swarovski packaging.  If they did not, there is no way to be sure they are Swarovski in general and I wouldn't pay their Swarovski pricing. Simple as that.

Ask the seller which Swarovski Article Number the stone is.  Then, do a quick check online to compare the number cut and color with what you want to purchase.

I wish I could supply you with a "cheat sheet" to point out what to look for but I can't find one.  If you have any questions, feel free to run them by me!  Wishing you the best of luck!

Here's an article with pictures on how to date Swarovski. I hope this helps in general.  :)

Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.